A tip plasty may be performed to reduce a large, square, or bulbous nasal tip, to treat an upturned or sagging nasal tip, or just to refine the tip of the nose.
Preparation before Surgery:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking well in advance of surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Special instructions you receive will cover:
- What to do on the night before and the morning of surgery
- The use of anesthesia during your nose surgery
- Post-operative care and follow-up
The surgery includes realignment of the alar cartilage by resection and suture, fibroareolar and subcutaneous tissue, tip graft and columellar strut. The nasal tip is positioned high and elegant, methods such as cartilage suture, cartilage grafting and blocking the nasal septum.
Recovery will be around 3 weeks. Sutures are removed within 10 days after the procedure.The patient can be discharge on the same day of the surgery. The patient is recommended to be on bandage for a period of 3 days after surgery.
Possible Risks and Complication:
These are complication free. However, all grafts have potential for asymmetry, migration, and resportion.