Preparation before Surgery:
- Assessment of the medical history (any allergies, serious medical condition and all medications taken both prescribed and non-prescribed), physical examination, and laboratory tests will be performed during consultation.
- Preoperative laboratory tests for blood and urine.
- Avoid smoking for about 3-4 weeks prior to surgery, as nicotine interferes with circulation and will greatly affect healing process.
- Stop drinking alcohol in a week before the surgery and throughout your recovery period.
- Stop taking any medications such as hormones, anticoagulants, anabolic steroids and supplements at least 4-6 weeks to prevent complicating medical factors prior to surgery. Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.